Useful Resources for Meditation and Buddhism
- www.thebuddhistcentre.com – website for the Triratna Movement as a whole. Contains a wealth of news and information on Triratna practice and activities our history etc.
- www.wildmind.org – Triratna meditation website bursting with tips and information about practicing plus articles and blogs
- www.freebuddhistaudio.com – The place to find a hundreds of talks and study material on all aspects of Dharma practice. Free. Includes many talks by our founder, Sangharakshita
- www.videosangha.net – Photos and videos about the Triratna Movement and our practice plus video talks. Free to view. Also, if you would like answers to specific questions about Buddhism just click on the ‘Questions’ tab.
- www.clear-vision.org – home of the Triratna video and image archives. This organisation also works with schools. There are some helpful videos in the section called ‘Ask a Buddhist’
- www.windhorsepublications.com – the publishing arm of the Triratna Community – books for newcomers and experienced practitioners alike
- www.sangharakshita.org – Our founder’s personal website with information about him and lots of books to download for free.
- www.accesstoinsight.org – Not actually part of our movement but this is an excellent site if you want to explore the historical Buddha’s teachings as passed down in the Pali Canon (in English!)
- www.danapriya.org/online-events/ – Weekly Online Buddhist Event for Gay Men run by Danapriya, a member of the Triratna Buddhist Order.
- www.buddhafieldnorth.org.uk – Buddhafield North offer a small programme of outdoor retreats in the North of England. All activities are held outdoors or under canvas.
- Wildmind: a step-by-step guide to meditation by Bodhipaksha – a lucid and comprehensive guide to all our main meditation practices
- Life With Full Attention, a Practical Course in Mindfulness by Maitreyabandhu – an eight week course in Mindfulness with exercises.
- Introducing Buddhism by Chris Pauling – a lively and engaging guide for Westerners who want to learn more about Buddhism as a path of spiritual growth.
- Buddhism: Tools for Living Your Life by Vajragupta – the perfect Dharma guide for those seeking a meaningful spiritual path whilst leading busy, modern lives. Very comprehensive and accessible
- Sailing the Worldly Winds – a Buddhist Way Through the Ups and Downs of Life by Vajragupta – a very readable little book dealing with our little (and large) cravings and aversions in life. All the things that ultimately make us unhappy.
Keeping in Touch
eNewsletter: We have a regular e-newsletter and updates to keep you informed of coming events, plus articles, reports, book reviews, poems etc.
To Subscribe to our Newsletter enter your email address in the box at the foot of this page.
Got questions? Want to know more about Meditation or Buddhism?
Email us anytime at email@example.com. You are also welcome to come in and talk face-to-face by appointment. There is also usually someone who will be able to talk to you before our Thursday Friends’ Night Session begins (just arrive early – anytime after 6.45pm)
Please also check our FAQs page.