Breathworks For Stress
Mindfulness for Stress Course
Beginning Sunday 26th January 1.30pm to 5.30pm
We are offering our popular 8 week Mindfulness for Stress course in a condensed form, with 4 longer sessions fortnightly over 4 Sundays. This course introduces mindfulness based strategies for anyone wanting to learn skills for managing stress in their lives. This is a secular course suitable for adults from all backgrounds.
- Dates: 26th Jan, 9th Feb, 23rd Feb, 8th Mar
- Time: 1.30pm to 5.30pm
- Venue: Triratna Leeds Buddhist Centre, 4th Floor Leeds Bridge House, Hunslet Road, Leeds LS10 1JN
- Cost: £220/£180 (low income)/£150 (benefits) including audio materials and the course workbook. You will need buy a copy of The Little Mindfulness Workbook by Gary Hennessey prior to the start of the course.
- Early bird booking – £15 discount for early bird payments made in full received before 6th January
- Optional day retreat following the course, Saturday April 25th 10.30 til 4pm (paid by donation, suggested amount £20/£30/£40)
The course equips you with a toolkit of resources for living well in a stressful world. Two experienced and qualified Breathworks mindfulness teachers will facilitate the friendly group sessions, which are a mixture of meditation, practical mindfulness activities, workshops and discussions. We introduce some of the theory and thinking behind mindfulness and how it helps reduce stress. Home practice is an important part of the course and you will receive audio tracks to support this. This is a secular course suitable for adults from all backgrounds.